Although author, Peg Phifer and I have never met face to face, our friendship is the heart to heart kind. We “met” on an online writer’s group years ago and have walked our way to publishing together. I had the privilege of reading Peg’s new book, To See the Sun, through-out the writing. What an amazing journey. Here’s my review of the book and then. . .you have an option to win all kinds of FREE PRIZES from Peg and I.
As most of you know, I take reviewing books seriously to heart. I have to connect with the characters and/or story. In To See the Sun I did both.
As the story opens, Erin is pregnant and recently widowed. The last thing she needs is an old beau in a cowboy hat. And worse than that, she is being watched. Her unwanted cowboy wants to protect her from certain danger, but can she let him?
Erin has more than one protector though; a sister, her father-in-law, and friends. All the way through the mystery part of the story – even as we brainstormed, I wondered who in the world was the killer and why. I refuse to give it away, but I will tell you – the author surprised me.
To See the Sun has the right balance of suspense and romance. I’m looking forward to book two in the Desert Faith Series. You can purchase it HERE.
Now – the moment you’ve all been waiting for!
To enter our Backward Scavenger hunt, do this:
- Go Here: http://bit.ly/zi4ple Towards the bottom of that post is a word you need to unscramble. Do that, then . . .
- Go Here: http://bit.ly/wslCE6 and find a single, dangling letter. In the comments section, all you will enter there is “I found the letter” but don’t say what it was, but be sure to enter your name & contact information.
- Next, add that letter to your unscrambled word to form a new word, and . . .
- Go back to the #1 link above and enter your new word in the comments section, along with your name & contact information. Then . . .
- Go Here: http://bit.ly/yqMSdp and select a sentence from Peg’s article and rewrite it to include your new word and post it in the comments section below that post, again, with your name and contact information. Finally . . .
- In the comments section of this post, enter your name and contact information and indicate you completed all the steps outlined above. Each blog post you commented on gives you one entry PER BLOG. If you’ve overlooked any of them, you may go back and complete it.
- Confirmed followers of Joy’s blog get an extra entry. The same for confirmed followers of Peg’s blog.
Now you know why we decided to call it a Backward Scavenger Hunt.
Winner will be drawn using Random.org one week from today, March 1, 2012.
- A copy of Peg’s debut novel: To See the Sun.
- A free print copy of Joy’s eBook, Your Life: A Legacy.
- A sterling silver 18” necklace with heart and diamond.
- A set of Joy’s Jot Books
- A copy of Joy’s novel Rain Dance.
Because of the rising costs of postage, this prize package is available to residents of the 48 contiguous United States only.
DUE TO A LACK OF PARTICIPATION, THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED WITH NO WINNER.